Way Past Elvis! New Wedding Band Music for the Noughties

Go down

Way Past Elvis! New Wedding Band Music for the Noughties

Post  mrsamct on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:37 am

Gucci Mane mixtapes
christian book stores
It is said that the only constant in life, ironically, is change! This is certainly true of society - as technology changes, culture changes. As culture changes, expressions of culture change ... and wedding bands Melbourne are often at the forefront of this change. People want music that they really identify with for their weddings, so the songs that wedding bands in Melbourne play are constantly changing. Today we check out what musical directions brides, grooms and bands for hire are taking in the noughties.

Popular Wedding Songs from the Noughties

Halo / Beyonce

"Everywhere I'm looking now / I'm surrounded by your embrace / Baby I can see your halo / You know you're my saving grace"
Some gorgeous first wedding dances are now being spun and twisted to Halo by Beyonce Knowles.

I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You / Savage Garden

"There's just no rhyme or reason / Only this sense of completion / And in your eyes / I see the missing pieces / I'm searching for"
The fact that this song is not about your standard man-woman relationship doesn't matter to most couples; a sign of our much more inclusive, tolerant and free-thinking times!

You're My Angel / Aerosmith

"You're my angel / Come and save me tonight / you're my angel / Come and take me alright"
Rock might not be part of the repertoire of traditional Melbourne wedding bands ... but modern wedding bands for hire will be just as comfortable playing rock as Sinatra.

If I Ain't Got You / Alicia Keys

"Some people want diamond rings / Some just want everything / But everything means nothin' / If I ain't got you"
This hip hop goddess has the voice and sentiments of an angel ... choose a wedding band with keyboards if you like Alicia Keys.

By Your Side / Donovan Frankenreiter

"I'm gonna be right by your side / It's gonna feel so good / I'm gonna be right by your side"
Simple, sweet and sentimental, this R&B song is often requested at modern weddings.

Can I ask my wedding band for hire to play pop music?

Some couples assume that they have to request traditional songs from their Melbourne wedding band, because popular songs are often created electronically rather than by real instruments. This just isn't true! With a skilled bands for hire to play your wedding songs, even pop songs that are composed with computers as a large part of the background music can gain a new richness and depth. Popular songs shouldn't be a problem for any skilled wedding band in Melbourne to play ... so don't be afraid to go with the music that speaks to you for your weddings

mrsamct

View user profile

Back to top Go down