www.Xteam.com.mk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, I have fairly steady nerves

Go down

Well, I have fairly steady nerves Empty Well, I have fairly steady nerves

Post  jukido Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:44 am

"Well, I have fairly steady nerves, as you know, Mr. Holmes, but I give you my word, that I got a shake when I put my head into that little house. It was droning like a harmonium with the flies and bluebottles, and the floor and walls were like a slaughter-house. He had called it a cabin, and a cabin it was, sure enough, for you would have thought that you were in a ship. There was a bunk at one end, a sea-chest, maps and charts, a picture of the SEA UNICORN, a line of logbooks on a shelf, all exactly as one would expect to find it in a captain's room. And there, in the middle of it, was the man himself -- his face twisted like a lost soul in torment, and his great brindled beard stuck upward in his agony. Right through his broad breast a steel harpoon had been driven, and it had sunk deep into the wood of the wall behind him. He was pinned like a beetle on a card. Of course, he was quite dead, and had been so from the instant that he had uttered that last yell of agony.

Vector Clipart
how to check backlinks

jukido

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum