www.Xteam.com.mk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A (Relatively) Brief History of Shoegaze

Go down

A (Relatively) Brief History of Shoegaze Empty A (Relatively) Brief History of Shoegaze

Post  Mr007 Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 am

I had a lot of fun pooling together my collection to make the last Beginners' Guide to Shoegaze, so I figured, why not.

There seems to be at least some interest here in the nebulous world of shoegaze, which by an outsider's perspective probably constitutes a shedload of effects and not much else. The reality of the matter is that shoegaze had some interesting beginnings (I would say there's still quite a few smashing acts out there today) and is a story worth being told. While my expertise with any musical genre is somewhat cursory (seeing how I wasn't alive for most of it), I feel like I can offer a fair perspective on the story of how this endearing genre made its way into the world.

Many of the artists I feature here will not fit in to the traditional sense of the genre (e.g. My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Ride, Lush, etc.) but hold a significant amount of sway in how it actually fell together. This is an important point for me to stress, because they are the same roots that artists come back to again and again throughout shoegaze's somewhat tenuous existence. If you want the hour-long trial of the golden era (1989-1994), pick up a copy of Loveless and take a ride; otherwise, read on.

I hope you guys have as much fun reading this as I do writing it. Smile[/QUOTE]

transfer factor
Sennen Area Holiday Accommodation

Mr007

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum