www.Xteam.com.mk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if you want to know more, where do you start?

2 posters

Go down

if you want to know more, where do you start? Empty Re: if you want to know more, where do you start?

Post  noticen24 Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:03 am

But I just walked away…
Praying in Mosque when next door
You’re fighting off molesters advances
Left you trapped in a cell
Golden Brown hell
I wish I said something when
your glazed eyes caught mine
At least guard you while you
Fixed yourself up
Told you I’m not judging you
My Prophet would show concern for you
I am concerned for you
I don’t know your name
Pain’s acquaintances are the same
Your glazed eyes caught mine
Peering through your soul’s windows

short sale orlando
tax offer in compromise

noticen24

Back to top Go down

if you want to know more, where do you start? Empty Re: if you want to know more, where do you start?

Post  nirvana Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:01 am

noticen24 wrote:But I just walked away…
Praying in Mosque when next door
You’re fighting off molesters advances
Left you trapped in a cell
Golden Brown hell
I wish I said something when
your glazed eyes caught mine
At least guard you while you
Fixed yourself up
Told you I’m not judging you
My Prophet would show concern for you
I am concerned for you
I don’t know your name
Pain’s acquaintances are the same
Your glazed eyes caught mine
Peering through your soul’s windows

short sale orlando
tax offer in compromise

Sri Lanka minister denies Tamil national anthem ban

The Tamil version of the national anthem is an exact translation of the Sinhala version
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

Seeking the truth in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka bans BBC from hearings
Sri Lankan war inquiry launched
A Tamil minister in the Sri Lankan cabinet has denied reports that the Tamil version of the national anthem has been abolished.

Traditional Industries Minister Douglas Devananda said the idea was discussed in a cabinet meeting last week.

But he told the BBC President Mahinda Rajapaksa decided to keep both versions because no agreement could be reached.

Earlier reports that the Tamil version had been abolished followed a story in a Sri Lankan newspaper on Sunday.

But Mr Devananda has told BBC Tamil that although the idea was raised at last Wednesday's cabinet meeting, no decision was made.

The national anthem is only ever sung in Tamil in the north and east of Sri Lanka, where most Tamils live.

Confusion continued to reign over the issue on Monday as another government minister was quoted as telling AP news agency that the cabinet had indeed decided only the original Sinhala-language version of the anthem should be sung publicly.

Public Administration Minister John Seneviratne then denied making the comments.

Meanwhile, Housing Minister Wimal Weerawansa voiced his support for the idea of abolishing the Tamil version of the anthem, labelling the practice "a joke".

He said that in no other country was the national anthem sung in more than one language, including India whose anthem is only sung in Hindi, despite the fact that hundreds of languages are spoken in the country.

The Tamil anthem is an exact translation of the Sinhala version, sung to the same tune, and has been around since Sri Lanka gained independence in 1948.

The Sri Lankan army defeated the Tamil Tigers in May 2009 after the rebels had fought a 26-year battle for a separate homeland for the Tamil minority.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
neon open signs
business opportunity

nirvana

Back to top Go down