www.Xteam.com.mk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our friendship lasted

Go down

Our friendship lasted Empty Our friendship lasted

Post  jukido Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 am

Our friendship lasted, in this manner, for several years, during which my general temperament and character - through the instrumentality of the Fiend Intemperance - had (I blush to confess it) experienced a radical alteration for the worse. I grew, day by day, more moody, more irritable, more regardless of the feelings of others. I suffered myself to use intemperate language to my wife. At length, I even offered her personal violence. My pets, of course, were made to feel the change in my disposition. I not only neglected, but ill-used them. For Pluto, however, I still retained sufficient regard to restrain me from maltreating him, as I made no scruple of maltreating the rabbits, the monkey, or even the dog, when by accident, or through affection, they came in my way. But my disease grew upon me - for what disease is like Alcohol! - and at length even Pluto, who was now becoming old, and consequently somewhat peevish - even Pluto began to experience the effects of my ill temper.

Real Estate CRM
personal Injury attorney

jukido

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum